Thursday, May 21, 2009

To my girlfriends.....old and especially new....

I had lunch today with my newest girlfriend. It sounds weird saying it like that, but it is true. Ever since moving to NC, I have made great friends in my neighborhood, through school and work and with some of Jim's friends, but none through church until now. We talked and talked about our lives that truly are SO similar it would scare the pants off of you. She is truly a breath of fresh air in my life, and it reminded me of how blessed I am for the wonderful people that have considered me their girlfriend over the years....here are a few reasons why......
I love girlfriends that you can pick up right where you left off and it was like you never missed a beat.
I love girlfriends that don't judge me if I have made a mistake....and I love their honesty to help me live truthfully.
I love girlfriends that I can tell anything to, and know that it ends there.
I love girlfrieds that EAT! With the exception of one very dear friend, all of my friends like to eat. They don't pick at their carrots and celery while they have their water. They get into it, just like me!
Thanks for lunch C - I had a ball. Can't wait to do it again sometime soon. To my girls in other places, I miss you and love you!

post signature

1 comment:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

Anytime my friend. I had such a good time. You're awesome. We haven't even scratched the surface yet....you haven't seen the last of me. ;0)