So many times in my life, I have allowed time and excuses to get in the way of starting something new...whether it was a project or a friendship. Sometimes I fear the work and time involved, more often (with the friendship) I fear the rejection. I have actually heard people say, "I have plenty of friends, do I really need anymore?". I have always found this to be an odd outlook on life.......who fills up their friend quotient by the age of 35? I can't even imagine such a thing!
Anyway, Colleen and I met on Sunday at church. I admit, I was nervous through the whole service....will she like me, will I say something dumb....again my rejection psychosis :) Well, she was amazingly kind, I felt very comfortable around her, like I had known her for years. Plus, our respective best friends on Long Island are friends as well! Can you believe what a small world??
I am so thankful that the Lord gave me the courage to reach out and say hello, that He had opened her heart to accept a potential new friend, and lastly for placing this woman in my life....for whatever reason, a reason yet to be revealed to me, I know that she will hold a special place in my life in the future...... stay tuned

2 comments:
Heather,
I am Colleen's sister. I want you to know that she has called me and read each note you sent to her to me. They touched her more than you probably thought they would. It was a wonderful gesture on your part and seeing the two of you meet I can already tell this friendship will go places!!!
Marie
This is just amazing to me! Let's not find excuses not to go forward with this okay!!! I'm pretty excited about it!
Post a Comment