Then we went to church, and served in our volunteer slots. I picked up the kids and took them to the service. Our pastor's wife spoke on Purity and the sacrafices we make in life to attain this goal. The kids enjoyed the singing, and the sermon, because they were quoting it throughout the day.
On the way home I was told, tell us 3 things you want to do today, and we will do them. I replied, 1) Go to the pool, 2) Do not hock me about if I am getting in, or how long I will be in, let me lay in the sun and read my book 3) I want buffalo chicken for dinner - don't ask me why, I was just in the mood!
All of my wishes were granted, but the best of all was when the kids were going to bed, Jordan started to cry......nothing was wrong, he just had been thinking all day about it, and wanted to accept Jesus into his heart! With tears in my own eyes, I layed with him in bed and prayed over him, thanking God for this special boy and for his hungry spirit. The best gift I could have recieved!! Hope you had an equally wonderful Mother's day!

2 comments:
WOW heather that's awesome!!! I'm so happy for him. that is the best decision he will ever make!
Thank you, thank you for blogging again! It's been so wonderful to catch up with you, Jim and the kids. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day... I would kill for pool weather... and what a special end to your day with sweet Jordan's desire to become a Christian. You are a terrific mommy!
Post a Comment