Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Looking forward to a change of pace

For over a year now, I have been working the *graveyard* shift at work. At first the transition was miserable taking a toll on my body, my family, my home, you name it. I couldn't remember what day it was from minute to minute. Through the year, we have learned to get our timing down......I have learned to survive on less sleep, and my family (my husband, to be exact) has picked up all of my slack.....from laundry to dinner to schlepping children from practice to wherever. He is a prince among men and never in my life did I think I would ever have such a tremendous support! All the glory to God for bringing Jim to me......I digress.....
Recently, I was asked to change my work schedule to weekends. Now, for some of you, you might think, *Ick, weekends?*. Well, think about it like this....work Sat and Sun night 7p-7a....get paid for 3 shifts.....have off M-F! Yes, it is still nights, but trust me 2 nights is NOTHING!!!
Here are the things I am most looking forward to:
1) Being home 5 days/nights in a row!
2) Going to the gym at least 3x a week
3) Having a consistently clean house - actually I think Jim is most looking forward to this one!
4) Going on a date night with my honey....maybe 2x a month
5) Feeling human again....for the most part!
Change is coming.....Oct 11....can't wait!
post signature

No comments: