Well, Tuesday I got a phonecall from him inviting me to lunch or dinner, which ever I could swing. I happened to be off that night and Jim was happy to take the kids to Dominos, so our dinner date was set. On the Border was our locale of choice, which ironically was the first place we met for drinks/dinner after I moved here 3 years ago. How sad that it is only every 3 years that we get together just the two of us?
We had a blast. We laughed, talked for 2+ hours about everything from our kids to our jobs to our family and we reminisced about times gone by, and talked about hopes for the future. It was so much fun and it made me realize what a gift I have been given. He is an amazing man who truly adores his family, loves life and seeks to be all that he can be everyday. He is one of the funniest people I know, and I cherish every minute with him. Usually we cry when we see eachother, I can't explain it, but we are both cry babys and if certain subjects arise we are done. Luckily, there were too many laughs between us for the tears to emerge.
Thank you, baby brother for asking me out on a date. I will remember it fondly, and look forward to our next time together. Hopefully it won't be 3 more years before our next one!
I love you Bean!

2 comments:
This is so me and my brother!!! He will call me on his day off and meet me for lunch - just the two of us. I love that time. We are 14 months apart (I am older) and we have been so, so close since he was born.
Colleen will tell you in every picture of me and Danny my arm is around his neck loving/choking the life out of him!!!
Marie - I LOVE that! My bro is just awesome....even though I am 5 years older, we are closer than ever. We still love to hug, kiss and snuggle....the bartender thought we were a "couple" and we were like, "ew, thanks?!" Hahaha!
Post a Comment