I have to tell you, there aren't many in the world as blessed as I am to have such a wonderful mom. She has always, always been my best friend. Sure we have had times of disagreement - like in Jr. High when I wanted to dress like everyone else....she was there saying, "Be yourself, whey do you want to see yourself coming down the hall in school?" Wise words.
Here are a few other things that make my mom the greatest:
~ her spontenateity & her ability to not care what anyone else thinks - love that!
~ her ability to talk to anyone, and I mean anyone (even a mime in New Orleans - and he talked back!) and instantly make a friend.
~ her listening skills - she always makes you feel like you are the most important person in the room
~ the love she has for my dad, even though he is easy to love, 40 years and going strong!
~ the unbelieveable grandmother she is to Jordan, Madison, Dominic and soon-to-be-Samantha
~ the way she will drop everything to be by her children's side in their time of need
~ the love, care and generosity she shows for her family and friends
~ her ability to break out into song (and dance) when she hears just one word
~ her faith in God, she is truly one of the most faithful Christians I know
~ the comfort that she brings by just being in the room~ her faith in God, she is truly one of the most faithful Christians I know
I can only hope to be the mother that she has been to me in the good times and in the bad. If you don't know her, you should get to know her, I promise you, your life will be forever changed :)
I love you Mom!


1 comment:
What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!!!
Post a Comment