Thursday, September 10, 2009

When is Enough just that, Enough?

Lately, I have been convicted more and more to speak my mind. To speak the truth in love, stand strong for what I believe in and for what is good for my children and family. I am inherently a people pleaser.....I like for everyone to be happy, and if their feelings get hurt, I work out a way to make it all better. I have also found that this isn't always the best course of action.

I have marvelled over friends (Amie and Colleen) and family (Jim and Elaine) that never hesitate to tackle an issue head on. They take no prisoners, speak their peace and move on. I admire this in all of them and am secretly inspired by their courage. To them it is just normal day to day living, to me it is a milestone. Even if I do go after it, I find myself going over what I said a million times to be sure that I didn't go too far. Should I really be that worried or should I just go with it?

What I have found is that as long as I am confronting an issue with the right intentions in mind and the right heart, can I be that wrong? Recently I have had two things that have needed to be dealt with, and without hesitation I have jumped in full force. Call it lack of patience, call it getting older/wiser, call it whatever you want. Sometimes people need to be smacked back into a sense of reality, and to know that you messed with the wrong chick today!

Issue number 1 - dealing with the former spouse. For me right now, I am personally on a good level with him, but we have some business issues that need tending to, emotions aside. This has been a huge accomplishment for me to forgive, move on and heal. What we have is a business relationship, period end of story. I am finally cool with that......most likely impart to this man who lays it all on the line week after week and is awakening me to where God wants me to be.

Issue number 2 - and a whole lot less daunting as 1 is dealing with cheer moms. Ugh. The high school stuff that goes on is repulsive. On one end it's hip hip hooray, on another it's woe is me. After hearing grumblings here and there, and then getting emails left and right, I had enough and fired off an email without hesitation stating how I really felt. Honestly? It felt great and I am glad I did it. I spoke with the leader and we are cool. I truly did have her best interest at heart, but it took something like my email to make that clear. Of course I didn't make any friends with some of the moms, but you know what? Oh well.

Have you ever had a come to Jesus moment where enough is enough and you just need to make a change for the better?


post signature

4 comments:

Marie Marsicano said...

Heather,

I would love to hear your cheer mom story. I feel like I am getting to that place with dance moms....

Marie

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

Marie - shoot me your email address and I'll tell you the whole story :)
Heath

Unknown said...

You go girlfriend! Speak your mind. Especially for your babies!! If anybody doesn't like it-Oh well!!

P.S.-we have alreadt mastered Hot Cross Buns!!

Marie Marsicano said...

Heather - Joe and I just got back into town - we were on vacation in Miami celebrating our 15 year anniversary!!!

My e-mail is marsicano@bellsouth.net

I may really need this - we just found out that Danielle got moved up in some of her dance classes and some of the other moms are not happy about it - I HATE being in this spot but I have no control over where they are placed or anyone's ability when it comes to this. I REALLY just want Danielle to have the best time dancing and no drama - she loves being on stage.