There aren't enough words in the world to describe how important you are in my life, and not just because you are mine. But because of the grandfather, father in law, friend, brother, uncle and stranger that you are to so many others. They broke the mold when they made you. You never cease to amaze me with your ability to answer any question and tackle any situation whenever anyone needs you. I thank God everyday for you and that He would bless me by being your daughter. It is an honor. You are a man of great character, some of which I have highlighted for you below :)
Integrity - you stand by your beliefs, speak the truth in love and probably have never told a lie. Have you?
Faithfulness - you trust in God like I can't even describe. Thank you for being such a role model when it comes to having a walking faith in Him. I have seen Him provide so many things and work His magic through your prayers and steadfast love.
Work ethic - in one word - tireless. I vividly remember as a little girl that you getting up before the sun (or snow) everyday and head into work (electrical engineer) and then you would come home to either work in the yard, schlep Matt or me to one activity or another, or you were off to something involving church - either session or small group.
Selflessness - You do so much for others, and expect nothing in return. Nothing. Oh, and I am not just talking about for our family. You have taken off countless weeks of work to rebuild homes devistated during Hurricane Katrina, you have been on many mission trips as well. You and mom even spent a week cooking for 75 youth group kids during their ski trip in January. Who does that?
Strength & Knowledge - you are the "go to guy". I have never made a large decision in my life without conferring with you. About everything from buying cars, to changing insurance to good deals on mortgage rates. You are the smartest person I know.
Patience - you have been married to mom for over 40 years, right? Enough said! :) Lol!!
Happy Birthday my sweet dad! I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment