When I first me her, she was pregnant with Hunter Cole, already mom to Alexa (Lexi) Paige and wife to Andrew. From the moment I met her, I knew there was something about her that would make me want to know her more. We were neighbors and young moms who met with a "playgroup" weekly on Thursdays. It was more of a refuge for the moms while the 8 kids ran around and played. It was a time to learn about eachother, hash out issues in our lives, talk girl talk, gossip and eat. I learned quickly that Amie had strong opinions and she didn't really care whether or not you liked them, a trait found in many of my "strong island" women friends. She wasn't about to change who she is for anyone.......and why should she?
As time marched on, she and I became extremely close, walking the neighborhood pushing child filled wagons or strollers up and down the hills of Country Pointe. There was nothing too personal or sacred in our lives that we didn't share with eachother. Nothing. We would talk, talk, talk while on walks, over coffee at her kitchen table, or daquiris by the pool. When I made the decision to leave my husband, she was my rock and biggest cheerleader. Heck, she even delivered the infamous paperwork to serve him! How many friends would stick their neck out like that for you? One in a million.
She has watched and loved my children for many hours so that I could have some alone time, and time to study. She encouraged me in my schooling, she held me up when I thought I could not go another day. She taught me what it meant to be strong, secure, and more honest with myself. When I moved to NC, she gave me a coffee mug (that I drink from almost daily) that reads, "You'll always be my girlfriend. You know way too much!" That statement couldn't be more true!
Beyond her amazing strength and ability to confront any issue without hesistion, she is the clean freak that inspires me to vaccuum and dust. Did you know that she vaccuums daily, dusts on Tuesdays, and launders sheets on Fridays? She exercises everyday, even on holidays. She has more energy than the energizer bunny. She is a strong disciplinarian, a faithful and loving wife and mother and she would do just about anything for someone that she calls friend.
Besides cleaning and excercising, there are a multitude of things she loves like, Bon Jovi, the color Pink, Survivor, her dogs, coffee and me. :) I thank God everyday for my beautiful friend and I look forward to growing old, knowing I can call my Amie with any question, thought, laugh or concern. I miss you. I love you. I can't wait to see you in July, the time just can't pass quick enough! Happy Birthday my love, and remember, I know what you won't be getting today, hahaha!!!!
1 comment:
OMG, I am crying hysterically like a blubbering idiot. THANK YOU so much for that Heath. That has to be the sweetest thing that has ever been done for me. I am truly blessed to have you in my life and whether we talk daily/monthly or not for weeks on end there is never a day that I don't think about you or miss you.
You leaving LI tops the charts as one of the saddest days of my life but also the happiest. I of course was sad to know that I wouldn't see you and the kids on a regular basis and I would no longer have my coffee partner to giggle and cry with. But the happiest because I knew you would be happy and find yourself a wonderful independent life that you and those beautiful children of yours deserved. (Jim was a bonus) :) From the day I met you (and him) I knew there was an amazing inner strength that was just waiting for the perfect moment to come out! Whether you lived on LI or Timbuktu it would of come out. Luckily it happened sooner then later!
You are an amazing woman, mom, wife and friend and who ever is luckily enough to have you enter their lives (even just for a moment) are truly blessed!!! Don't ever forget that!
I am so blown away by how much love you have for me and the time and thought that went into your words. No one has ever done something like this for me and it is something I will never forget.
Now in your honor I am going to have not one but two cups of coffee!
I love you and can't wait to see you all.
Love Always,
Amie :)
Post a Comment