Friday, January 22, 2010

Abby and Spike

When I told my sister-in-law that we were moving to NC 3 1/2 yrs ago, she immediately announced to me that they would be buying us a cat as a house warming present. A Cat? I grew up with a dog, had a dog in my former marriage and the only cats I knew were neighbors' cats who were very unfriendly and frankly mean. I swore once long ago that they weren't my favorite animals and I could never picture myself wanting them! Well, when she went to look at kittens, she found a litter that was "too precious" to pass up, and wanted to buy us 2 - one for each child, and so that they would have a playmate. I jumped on the bandwagon, new house, lots of change, what would it hurt, I knew no different, right?
These two little furballs have changed my attitude and outlook on cats.....here's what they do that I never thought they would.....

They don't hiss, they purr
They don't claw out my curtians, they don't have any (in the front anyway)
They don't roam my house at night, they have a room where they sleep/eat/poop
They don't lurk or hid, they are social, active and are always near to someone in the house.
They don't sleep all day&stay up all night, they do sleep a lot, and if they are up all night, we don't know......because of their room
They come to the door when the bell rings
They long to chase lizards and birds when Papa lets them outside.
They are awesome - I love them and can't imagine life without a cat, or two :)

post signature

No comments: