For my hubby's birthday, I had a wonderful day/night planned at the Ballantyne Resort complete with food, massages and luxury accomodations. When he heard of my plan, he was grateful, but quickly asked that I cancel the reservation and make one at the Great Wolf, so that the kids could celebrate his birthday too......what kind of man would do such a thing? A wonderful one, I tell you!!
Anyway, the day after the kids got home we packed up the car and headed off to Concord (30 mins away) and went to the Great Wolf. If you aren't familiar....the GWL is a hotel with an indoor water park. It was something to behold! Jim & I both thought it was like Disney World in the fact that everything was done to perfection. It was clean, everyone was friendly and things were just very well thought out. The kids had a BLAST, and I am not going to lie to you, so did I!! Jim on the other hand was reluctant to do water rides - hello, didn't he pick this for his birthday?? - by day 2 he was loving it. Madison's favorite ride was the Tornado (which actually made me feel like we were being flushed down the toilet!), Jordan loved the Log Walk and Jim loved the Racers.....and posted the best time of 8.69!

No comments:
Post a Comment