First, hard cast.....our first break happened in early November. Poor Jordan, playing both ways in his 2nd to last game blocked another player and snap.crackle.pop. The growth plate was down for the count. He wanted to go back in, the coach thought ice might help. The ER nurse said, I'm going to get the car, sorry guys. Maybe nursing has hardened me, or made me more realistic. I didn't freak out. Of course I was heartbroken for my sweet boy who had worked so hard all season, to now have another injury. Killer. Fast forward 6 weeks, we are out of the hard cast, no surgery needed. All is well. Now we are on to hoops......
Hoops, no sooner did football and soccer wrap up their seasons, we are now into basketball for both! A first for little Maddie, but she is loving it. Has a brand spanking new pair of hightops, and a proper ball for her little hands. Jordan is in season 2 and only missed the pre-season tourney. He is in a brace until the end of this week, and has been able to play and has been scoring. Should be a fun winter.
Finally, the half. I used to be the girl watching people run, wondering what on earth was wrong with them. Why would people use good time to strap on sneakers and go running, in all kinds of elements? Were they nuts? That was until August, when a friend at work, Karen, dared me to believe that I could do it too. A half marathon that is.....13.1 miles. So, since then, I have been running 3-4x a week, give or take and Saturday was the big event. My family was there at the beginning and the end to support me. I felt incredible until about mile 11.....darn hip. But, I finished, with a decent time {that I now want to beat} for it being my first. 13.1 will be it for me....no 26.2 in this girl, trust me.
Here's to hoping that December slows down just slightly so that I can enjoy this season. It's already almost half over :( Time for cookies, reflection on a year's worth of blessings and why we celebrate this season.

1 comment:
We need to talk about the gas bill---I want one for 70.00!!!
Coffee--YES!!! Can we do the week after Christmas? Ive been thinking of you a lot lately!!!
Kylie
Post a Comment