Thursday, October 14, 2010

Always missing the shot......

For whatever reason, I have the grandest of intentions when it comes to capturing the moments and memories in my family......births, vacations, sports, yada yada. However, I take the camera and often it gets left in the hotel room (as in this case) or I trip and fall and take pictures of the floor (like when Madison hugged Taylor Swift). Yea, that's me, the big dork who can't seem to capture the moment. I can't wait until I do, and I can cross it off my list of greatest accomplishments!

The moment I promised my daughter I would blog about is from her tournament back in Charleston! They were down 5-4 and one of her teammates got taken down right in front of the goal. The referree, much to our surprise called a penalty kick for our team. The coach yells across the field, "Boo, take the kick!" My heart leapt with joy for her, and then the profuse sweating and white knuckling of the chair ensued! Holy cow.....please don't kick it at the goalie, please Boo. Even if I had had the camera on hand, which I didn't because we were in a hurry getting to the field and it was safe back in my bag in the hotel room, I don't know if I would have had the ability to take a picture....back to her moment!

She lined up, took a few steps and kicked the kick of her life....like in slow motion, it went up in the air (she never kicks in the air), it hit the cross bar, and bounced in the goal over the goalie's head. We jumped to our feet with great joy and screaming. Her smile beamed and beamed. I don't think I have ever seen her smile so bright in her whole life. :) We tied the game because of Boo's moment. And alas, no picture to prove it.....hopefully my very detailed recollection of the event did her justice! So proud of you Boo!

post signature

No comments: