I have to admit that the title alone peaked my curiosity from the moment I heard it. The Christian Atheist (Who could be such a thing? What could that really mean?) Believing in God, but Living as if He doesn't Exist. O.U.C.H.To say that this was an eye opener for me would be an understatement. There are so many things that I struggle with in my everyday walk with Christ like forgiveness, worry, money, and wearing Christ on my sleeve wherever I go, just to name a few. Well, Pastor Craig Groeschel from LifeChurchTV in Oklahoma wrote this great book helping you deal with all of these issues and then some.
I loved that he made it real for me, and he isn't condescending about any aspect at all, in actuality, he really describes how he struggles with many of these issues, or at least has over the course of time. It helped me realize that I need to work on them all, but that I won't be cured overnight of my issues. I have worked very hard on the forgiveness aspect, with help from this book and a great series at Elevation called F-Bomb......saving that for another post.
Other issues still need a lot of work on my part, mainly, WORRY. I worry about everything from finances, to my husband driving, to safety of my children, health of my parents, being a good friend, you name it I worry about it. "Worry is an insult to God" - Pastor Furtick, resounds in my head lately, and so, when I start to get those butterflies, I immediately stop what I am doing and pray for that issue and give it to God.
As for the other issues, I guess they will end eventually, especially now that I am thinking about them more and more. This is a great reality check book if anyone is interested. Don't go buy it, you can borrow it anytime!

1 comment:
I want it when you are done!
Post a Comment