Thursday, June 25, 2009

Did you ever have a best friend?

Happy Birthday Pam!

After I got married (the first time) we moved around, A LOT! We often moved away from family and friends to a new state hours away. This might scare a lot of people, but trust me, once you do it now and then, you get used to it. I decided early on, that I was going to make friends on purpose and try to have a friend in every city that I lived in. I consider myself one of the luckiest women in the world to have met some amazing women that I will love and cherish forever. Nothing is more joyous to me that to pick up the phone, or read an email from one of my besties (a new term I think is a riot) and no matter the time gone by, nor the distance between us, everything is just as it always was.....wonderful. Today is Pam's birthday, and I have to pay honor to her, but don't worry....Amie, Debbie and Angie.....your day is coming....and it might not be on your birthday that I honor you. ;)

Pam and I have been friends since 1999. I met her when we lived in Salisbury, MD. Our husbands were friends first, and honestly I thought she didn't like me, hahaha! Once we got to know eachother we couldn't get enough. Phone calls, emails, lunches in the park, Bible studies, shopping it was always great. Then I moved away......we have continued our friendship through the years and have so many memories that I won't bore you with......the important thing to know about Pam is that she has the most generous heart on the planet.

She is so very much more than that to me......and you need to know who she is......
~She nevers thinks of herself first, and she should.
~She has physical issues that would put most people in bed for a week, but you would never know it to look at her.
~She is a pillar of strength.
~She inspires me in ways she'll never know
~She encourages me so often to take the risk and make life better.
~She cried with me when I decided to walk away......and in the months and years that followed
~She slapped me upside the head when I made a poor decision.
~She never, ever judged me for my weaknesses and failures.
~She flew (yes, on a plane) when my heart was broken....oh, and it was her anniversary
~She travelled with me to help me find a new home to start my new life.
~She answered every tearful, deranged, psycotic phonecall and has just listened.
~She has shared in the joy of my new life.
~She stood beside me on my wedding day.
~She sacraficed time with her husband & children on numerous occasions to be there for me.
~She has kicked my butt in Scrabble many times, and has taking a whooping or two from me.
~She knows my heart, and my brain and it is hysterical how similar we are...downright scary!

Pam, words will never be enough to express to you my love and feelings about our friendship. It will surpass every trial and mile between us. You are a gift from above that can never, ever be replaced. Have a wonderful birthday! I love you.

post signature

No comments: