I don't think I have ever been in a place where I see myself as an authority on any one subject. I dabble in many things, and try to believe that I know what's going on, but not on one thing inparticular. However, certain subjects tend to fall into your lap, whether they are because of age or experience. Guess I am gaining a little bit of both, because lately, I feel like the one people are coming to and asking questions ....for advice, or maybe just a little perspective. Most recently, I have reached out to a few friends who are going through a divorce. One of them saw it coming, the other did not. Both have small children, both had solid careers that they put on hold to take care of their kids. Both I feel for. The phrase "been there done that" comes to mind quite often when I read an email, or see a facebook post regarding their situation. I don't know that you ever ask to gain perspective on a situation such as this.....no one asks to go through a divorce situation, no matter how necessary it might be. I was never a believer in it, until I knew it was the only option left. These ladies are in the same place......knowing it is necessary, but also being careful what they wished for....... For now, I reach out to them when they need me....or when they are on my heart the most. I don't sugar coat the truth for them that while they are doing what is right, the road is long and rough somedays. I try to encourage them to look ahead, and that there is light (big and bright) at the end of this seemingly endless tunnel. My heart aches for the year ahead for them, the ups and downs that are inevitable. But, all the while, I know that they are moving onward and upward. Guess that's what a little perspective will do for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment