I cannot believe that it is already the 8
th, and I have haven't blogged this.......Oh where do the days go?? I found a verse last month, but it was all about speaking nicely because of the issues we were having at the homestead......and I remember telling you that I had two more picked out that were similar. But then, I went to my Elevation small group last week - for the first time, and it rocked! We are doing a book called the Power of a Praying Parent.
Hmmm, sure I think about praying for my kids, and I pray for them throughout the day when I know they are dealing with something big in their lives. But do I lay a hand on them and pray for them? I am ashamed to say, I rarely do this. How can I expect that they will be protected from harm and evil, strong in their decisions and encouraged in my love, if I am not doing this? Time for a little restructuring of my world, wouldn't you say?
Our leader mentioned to us that one of the prayers she prays out loud while her children are leaving in the morning is Psalm 19:13-14. {When she was telling us this, all I could think was, those are some lucky children, to have a mom that would just pray over them each and every morning to help them face the day, my poor kids.} End the pity party here, and get busy doing this!
So, our February verse is the above, and
even though I work many nights, I want to pause when I am at work, say this verse on my children's behalf. I know it will be working even if we aren't face to face.
Psalm 19: 13-14 (New Living Translation)
Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt,
and innocent of great sin!
May the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

No comments:
Post a Comment