Madison has to do a project for 4th grade on an animal. Took forever, and 3 attempts at making a decision to finally come up with one. I suggested the squirrel, she turned me down. Everyone loves dogs, cats, ponys or dolphins......I love squirrels. I have loved them since I was little, grew up in a house on a wooded lot, and we had tons of squirrels and chipmunks. I think they are the coolest, and it wasn't until the other day that I realize how often I reference the squirrel, so I thought I would give the squirrel it's due today. Very Random, I know.Some people hate them - my parents for instance, not big fans of my furry little friends. My dad even constructed an electrocution chamber for the little buggers, because they eat his bird seed. I think my dad is right, the squirrels have their own food and don't need to be stealing from the birds. I don't get weirded out, and he doesn't really hurt them, just a little zip zip if they get too close. Completely acceptable in my book.
People look at me a little funny when I reference the squirrel, but I don't care......bet they can't insert their favorite animal into a sentence and have it make sense. Ha!
For example:
When someone has hair that is all over the place, I say (to myself of course,) "Gosh honey, whatcha got going on in there, a little mousse and squirrel?"
When I pick up hours for work, people will ask me what I am doing there, I simple say, "Making a few extra bucks, gathering my nuts like a squirrel for Christmastime."
When people are acting strange, I refer to them as squirrely.....not strange.....they usually have no clue what that means either :)
For the record, Madison picked the Bald Eagle for her project. Oh, well, no action for the squirrel yet again.

No comments:
Post a Comment