So, the summer is over, not officially, but for the most part pool parties are done, backyard bar-b-ques are slowing down.....school is about to begin. I can hardly believe it! I was watching Madison at soccer the other night and one of the mom's said to me, "I wish it was summer all year long. We love to sleep in, lounge around, stay up late and do nothing."
I couldn't help but think to myself, "Don't you get bored?" I would be soooooooo bored lounging about all.summer.long. I will miss the kiddies when they head back to school on Wednesday, but not to the point that I never want summer to end. I am actually looking forward to having a sense of normalcy, structure and discipline. Too much idle time in the summer in my opinion. Not to mention I would love a little nip in the air, a sweater to snuggle in, a camp fire roaring on the deck.....I love this time of year for so many reasons, it just wouldn't be normal if it never came around again.
No comments:
Post a Comment