Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pet Peeve # 1

I remember vividly being called out at the dinner table as a child if I ever chewed with my mouth open. It didn't take me long to straighten up and fly right, plus it is one of those habits that annoy my incessantly. I mean think about it - food, tongue, teeth, saliva - all floating around in there, who wants to see and hear it happening? ICK!

It peeves me so much that I can be at a table full of loud people (like in college) and hear someone 3 people away chewing with their mouth open. It is like a beam of light on their head and I just want to shout at the top of my lungs "Stop!"

I write this today because my son has reverted to some evil ways of doing this.......what happened? My ears ring. My gag reflex increases. It is just gross! This morning we debated with him over whether or not he does this. He is convinced that he doesn't. W.R.O.N.G. I assured him that I will break him of this habit quickly! To some it might not be that big of a deal, to others, not so much......do you have any pet peeves that drive you insane?

post signature

No comments: