Lately it has been on my heart to bring more scripture knowledge and use into my home. I pray daily, and often will read some scripture with it, but not always. I never seem to know where to go. In addition, at dinner, everyone takes a turn praying before our meal. The prayers are repetitive and we always thank God for our meal, pray for our individual weeks and for some issue (like Aunt Elaine's health) that is relavant to our immediate family. To call it stagnant and mundane would be an understatement. So, I decided to bring some of my thoughts to the forefront.
As you can see, I bought a white board, that sits directly underneath our monthly calendar in the mud room. I decided that weekly I would post a verse that either I found on my own, or that was inspired by something we had heard in church recently. Above it I have a section for things we are thankful for, and things we are asking for. Everyone is encouraged to write up whatever is on their heart and mind. Last week, there was stuff written in the corners it was so full.
It is my hope and prayer that my family would be able to be more open about what is on their minds, and what God is doing in their heart. No one is expected to memorize the verse, but it certainly wouldn't bother me a bit :)

No comments:
Post a Comment