Thursday, February 4, 2010

What Not to Wear!

No, this isn't about the TV show, although it really could be. Visualize if you will the following photo......
What would you say if your 8 year old daughter said to you, I want to wear these for my field trip? Would your next question be, where are you going on said trip? Surely it would. Well, my little missy was going to the theater to see a play, and thought that these would be acceptable, her reasoning, "No one will look at my shoes." Much to her chagrin, she has a mother that likes to dress up, or at least look presentable when she goes out. I tend to err on the side of dressy, because I would rather be over dressed than underdressed....and besides, you never know who you might run into. There is a time and a place to look like a "heeva-hava", my Nana's code word for slob, and a time to look decent......I can't believe my child has yet to learn the difference!

We had a long discussion about the above, she tried calling her aunt and grandmother for their opinions, which I applauded (knowing all the while that they would agree with me, not even having spoken to me about the subject.....as a matter of fact, I knew, because I lived!! Not to mention that Nanny would expect her in a dress with ribbons and bows!). She called, they agreed with moi!! She finally decided that maybe she should re-evaluate the outfit idea, and came up with the outfit pictured below. To reward her marvelous choice, I straightened her hair for the occassion, and you would have thought it was Christmas all over. She had a great day, and loved her outfit!


post signature

2 comments:

amber said...

how cute!! she looks so much like you here!

Marie Marsicano said...

Love the outfit.

Colleen and I will have to tell you all about our grandmother, Nanny Connie. She, at 90, had to be forced to wear sneakers occasionally instead of heels. She lived with me, Joe and the kids for years and a lot of that has rubbed off on Danielle!!! If you saw the process of getting ready for Church or the mall...you would crack up!!!