This is just a simple prayer request today for my sister-in-law Elaine. She is having surgery tomorrow at Duke University for a benign brain tumor that sits behind her right ear. She has had surgery on it a few years ago, and subsequently lost hearing in her right ear because the tumor was stuck to it. They had to leave some of it in there, and it has grown and needs to be removed. She told me yesterday that the tumor is sitting on her facial nerve, so that the surgery will be more extensive, requiring both an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, as well as her neurosurgeon.
All the parents will be in Raleigh for the surgery, and I get to babysit Dom and Sam. I am looking forward to spending quality time with the munchkins, but can't help to have my mind at Duke. Please pray for steady surgical hands, ease in getting the tumor out and that they are able to not touch the facial nerve, also for speedy healing. Pray for my brother, Matt, as he is quietly anxious about the surgery. I will update you when I know more. Many thanks and peace to you.
2 comments:
I will be praying for you and your family!
So glad to read this good news!!!
Post a Comment