It's never good when you get a phonecall at 10pm, so last night when the phone rang, I knew. My dear Nana, Lucy to many, went to be with the Lord. After 93 years of love and laughter here on earth, He called her home to be with Him. I know that today she is smiling, singing and reuniting with family members she lost many moons ago. Over the years, she has always been a joy, here are some of the wonderful things she brought to our family.
*A true sense of the importance of getting together - remember all the Bisbing and Harper picnics?
*A sense of adventure - camping in various campgrounds throughout PA, or even in the driveway if you asked nicely :)
*Scrambled eggs with chives, and more bacon than you can imagine
*Old songs and hymns that she would harmonize to with Poppop, Aunt Toot and Uncle Walt
*Card Shark - that woman could beat you at the age of 90 with a magnifying glass!!
*When she would yell at mom, aunt wendy and I to stop whispering - "Stop that whispering, I hate that!"
*She never called you by the right name the first time, too funny. I was always, "Wendy, no I mean Sally, darn it Heather!" ;)
*Driving to FL and singing Frank Sinatra or Nat King Cole, the whhhhoooolllleeee way there!
*Serving the hungry - she was a Meals on Wheels driver for a long time.
*Garage sales, Antiquing, and the Fleas....many early Saturday mornings.
So many more to share, but crying so hard I can't type nor come up with any more! I am thankful that she lived a full and adventerous life. Thankful that she went peacefully and that I got 36 wonderful years of memories of my Nana.

1 comment:
I am so sorry Heather. It sounds like she lived a long and beautiful life. I'm thinking about you. xoxoxox
Post a Comment